Excellent load bearing capacity. Despite its low weight of delicate 75.0g, the strong BUBI has everything in a headset you need.
What do we expect of a headset? That it works and works, so that you can simply forget about it.
In reality nobody is really interested in the details of our precision fit, nor the quality of our ball bearings, despite the fact they're both class leading.
No need to worry about whether the Gum Gum's startnut system is carbon-steerer-friendly or not, it is.
Our Ahead-Cap and the GumGum expander are included.
We use standard sized bearings, but they are adjusted for our specific necessities. This means our bearings have the same measurements as standard high precision deep groove ball bearings, but the insides are especially tuned for us. For example, we use a special bearing grease which reduces the friction and extends the lifespan. Advantage: Standard bearings can be used a s a temporary solution if TUNE bearings are not available straight away.
TUNE BUBI Headset
- construction: semi integrated
- head tube: 1 1/8°
- head tube diameter top/bottom: 44mm / 55mm or 56mm
- S.H.I.S. number: ZS44/28.6; bottom ZS55/40 or ZS 56/40
- build height: 8.9 mm
- cup material: aluminium 7075
- material top cap: carbon
- bearings: 2 angular-contact ball bearings
- clamping mechanism: Gum Gum
- manufacturing process: CNC milled/turned
- weight: 79 g